Following extensive research and input and feedback from members, the 76th Annual CHA MEGA Show for 2017 will take place 19th - 23rd January at the Phoenix Convention Center.
The Phoenix venue was selected to specifically address member feedback on timing, location and affordability. Strategically, the Phoenix Convention Center will allow the CHA Mega Show to grow and expand through co-location with relevant associations and trade groups thus creating an industry event without comparison. Its commitment to expanding and diversifying the annual event is essential to CHA's vision to create a healthy, vibrant, exciting and innovative community that enriches peoples lives through crafting and other creative activities.
One of the most important jobs that the CHA has, is to listen to its members. Through personal conversation, the annual member satisfaction survey, and the post-Conference feedback, has armed the organisation with ideas for change. Here are some key facts about the change:
• CHA members asked to change the dates of the annual event to later in the month of January and Phoenix was among a select number of venues able to accommodate timing.
• The CHA Mega Show wont' overlap with other large industry events to avoid scheduling conflicts for exhibitors and attendees.
• The show will be three days, instead of the current four-day format, as requested by members. (Move –in and move-out not included)
• On average, airfares to Phoenix are 20 per cent lower than flying in to Anaheim, and other major US cities.
• CHA is holding booth rates and additional exhibitor services costs to 2016 rates. • Affordable hotels with one-of-a-kind dining options and chain restaurants for all budgets, palates and dietary restrictions are within walking distance of the Convention Center.
• The Phoenix Convention Center is just 15 minutes away from Sky Harbor International Airport and hub for American Airlines and Southwest.
• The Convention Center has its own dedicated stop on the Metro Light Rail line, and the free Sky Train runs 24/7 every three minutes; making it easy and affordable to get to and from the airport, hotels, and the center of Phoenix.
• Phoenix has a vibrant creative arts community with museums, theatres, galleries and live music for evening and extended stay entertainment.
Moving the Show to Phoenix in 2017 and beyond will provide continued ROI benefits for their exhibitors and offers a time frame and venue that is optimal to the attendee experience. In the meantime, CHA hopes to see you at the 2016 CHA MEGA Show (7th - 12th January, 2016, in Anaheim, CA). In Anaheim, attendees will be treated to a 'Phoenix Rising' preview, with literature and presentations on things to do in Arizona. The Phoenix Convention & Visitors Bureau staff will be onsite and available to answer questions and help you plan.
For more information, visit: www.chamegashow.org.
Posted: 4 November 2015
Look through our regularly updated list of trade suppliers and wholesalers.