As summer wedding season approaches, Tracy Rowbottom, award winning floristry expert from Country Baskets share its guide on creating a bridal bouquet or centrepiece.
1. Cut all of your materials to the same length, approx. 25cm
2. Remove the lowest orchid from each orchid stem.
3. Construct the bouquet in the hand adding in the materials to create a mixed bunch effect.
Take care to evenly distribute the flower varieties, keeping the flower heads at a similar level to give a gently domed profile.
4. Secure with a cable tie.
5. Take your pearl and heart garland, fold it in half and join by twisting.
6. Cover the cable tie and the majority of the stems by binding with lace and tie off with a bow. Just before you tie off tuck in the joined end of the pearl garland.
7. Shape the pearl garland over the top of the bouquet forming a cage by twisting the branches together and finish by gluing the spare orchid heads evenly over the cage.
For a wide range of products visit the Country Baskets website:
Date Posted: 12 June 2014
Look through our regularly updated list of trade suppliers and wholesalers.