Posted by Rachel Westall on 11 January 2024
Leger Shearings Group, famous for its escorted coach tours, has relaunched the craft holiday specialist Stitchtopia, a brand acquired with the acquisition of the assets of Arena Travel, a company that went into administration in 2022.
Stitchtopia offers small group craft holidays, with a maximum of 18 guests, designed and led by crafting experts, including Hazel Tindall, the world's fastest knitter! Each holiday includes workshops where crafters can learn more techniques, try them out, improve their skills, and work on their own creative project. Crafts included are knitting, crochet, patchwork and quilting, embroidery, and textiles.
There are UK, European and worldwide holidays to choose from in the range, with opportunities to discover more about the crafting heritage and techniques of the destination on selected tours. Accommodation is mostly four-star quality, in central locations, with wellness facilities. There are also breaks combining crafting with wellness activities, such as yoga and Pilates.
The newly launched Stitchopia website now has:
· A fresh and creative new look designed for crafting enthusiasts.
· Quick and convenient search options for hassle-free browsing.
· Dedicated destination, craft type and expert pages.
· 'Meet the Experts' – introductions to the Stitchtopia expert team.
· A new Stitchtopia blog with expert advice and crafting guidance.
· Last-minute holidays for those eager to get away at short notice.
· A new 'track holiday' facility via MyBooking.
There's also a brochure available to view online.
Leger Shearings Group has also brought back the Stitchtopia Festival, an annual weekend residential event for all keen crafters, taking place between 8th - 10th March in Northamptonshire. Priced from £499pp, the three-day Festival includes full-board accommodation at the Staverton Park Hotel & Golf Club, which features an indoor swimming pool and gym, and four half-day workshops with craft experts, plus evening talks and entertainment.
Stitchtopia holiday examples:
Spirit of Shetland Knitting Holiday - 6 DAYS FROM £1,625pp
with experts Hazel Tindall, Janette Budge and Kathleen Anderson
Discover the breathtaking Shetland Islands, where the past is interwoven with a rich history of wool, textiles and inimitable Fair Isle technique. On this six-day holiday, draw knitting inspiration from the coastlines and powerful landscapes, whose diverse colour palette provides the perfect backdrop to your creative pastime. Learn how the world-famous Shetland wool is farmed, woven into yarn and then transformed by the locals into beautiful hand-crafted items. Under the professional guidance of the 'World's Fastest Knitter', Hazel Tindall, and the ever-talented Kathleen Anderson and Janette Budge, you'll learn traditional Shetland Fair Isle and lace knitting techniques.
· 2 half-day workshops on Shetland Fair Isle with Hazel Tindall.
· 2 half-day workshops on Shetland Lace.
· Services of an experienced tour manager.
· 5 nights half-board accommodation.
· Return flights from Edinburgh to Sumburgh, with 1 piece of checked luggage.
· Entrance fees and excursions.
Crochet Spring Wreath Weekend - 3 DAYS FROM £519pp
with expert Anna Nikipirowicz
Join Anna Nikipirowicz on this spring-themed crochet retreat. Learn how to crochet your own wreath, a stunning celebration of the season when everything awakens and blooms. This wreath will be filled with colourful flowers such as foxgloves, forget-me-nots, pansies and much more!
· 2 nights full-board accommodation, from dinner on Friday to lunch on Sunday.
· 2 days tuition with Anna, kit included.
· Tea/coffee during workshops.
· Use of the hotel leisure facilities (subject to availability) including: gym, heated indoor swimming pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and steam room.
To book, call: 01473 357 036