Posted by Rachel Westall on 19 November 2020
Featuring more than 25 projects pictured in gorgeous full-colour photography, Star Wars: Knitting the Galaxy includes patterns for clothing, home projects, and toys inspired by Luke Skywalker, Darth Vader, Rey, and a whole host of droids, ships, and aliens from agalaxy far, far away. Projects range from simple patterns like the Ewok Hood (sized forboth children and adults!) to more complex projects like the Darth Vader Pullover. It even includes patterns for knitted replicas of a few iconic costume pieces, such as Luke Skywalker's cropped flight jacket from Episode IV A New Hope and Rey's waistcoat and arm warmers from The Last Jedi.
With projects for knitters at all levels and a variety of techniques to practice — including stranded colourwork, double-knitting, and lace knitting — Star Wars: Knitting the Galaxy is the perfect book for knitters and film fans across the galaxy.
· 25+ Projects: Perfect patterns for every fan and every skill level.
· From Toys to Decor and More! Knit an adorable stuffed Porg, BB-8 blanket, Yoda Mittens, Clone Trooper Hat and many more clever creations.
· All-Star Cast: Projects created by some of the most popular knitting influencers on Ravelry and Instagram.
· From Padawans to Jedis: Start with easy projects and level up to more complex creations.
· Inspiring Images: Beautiful full-colour photos of every project.
Tanis Gray is a graduate of RISD a mother of two, author of nine knitting books and has over 500 published knitting designs. She has worked for Vogue Knitting, Martha Stewart, HBO, Focus Features, was a regularly-featured guest on Knitting Daily TV, has multiple stranded colorwork classes on Bluprint, and teaches knitting worldwide. She's the author of Harry Potter Knitting Magic, also published by Pavilion.
For further information visit: https://www.pavilionbooks.com/