CHSI is the meeting place for everyone involved in the world of creativity and in this, its 38th year, we give you a taster of what you can look forward to
For the sixth year running you can stay ahead of the game – CHSI will have a superb selection of seminars to help improve your business. No pre-booking is required and the seminars are absolutely free!
The CHSI seminar line-up includes
The Guardian's craft blogger, Perri Lewis; PR experts; professional window dressers and retail gurus. Seminars will run on all three of the show days.
The Guardian's craft blogger
Perri Lewis runs the highly successful craft blog, Make and Do With Perri. She is also about to launch her own book and will be sharing her knowledge in seminar: The Write Stuff, Blogging Basics.
Visitors to the show on Sunday, 17th February will be able to discover the benefits of starting their own blog and engaging with bloggers as a way of promoting their business. Perri explains: “I'm fortunate enough to know some of the UK's leading craft bloggers, so I can bring their advice and insight to the group. Blogging is such an important part of the craft world, and so I'm delighted to be able to share my experiences at the show.”
PR and marketing seminar
This discussion group will give practical ideas and suggestions on raising business profiles locally and is led by PR Directors at One Voice Media & PR who will be looking at both low-cost ways of raising awareness, as well as ideas for larger impact campaigns. From a shop floor perspective, seminars on window dressing and inventory management will provide practical advice and business efficiency tips for retailers.
Preliminary seminar programme in a nutshell:
• Joining a trade association with Craig De Souza from the CHA-UK
• Creating a window of opportunity with Liz Rivers (eye-catching window displays)
• Starting a business in times of change with Steve Goodman from Business Breakthrough Coaching
• The Write Stuff with Perri Lewis of Make and Do With Perri (start to blog) • Customers – The key to surviving and thriving in a time of change with Steve Goodman from Business Breakthrough Coaching
• Growing an Ecommerce business and increasing online sales with Peter Shorney and David Mackley from Intelligent Retail
• Exporting your craft with Di Van Niekerk and Hazel Blomkamp (Authors), Wilsia Metz (South African Publisher) and Caroline de la Bedoyere (English Language Publisher for Search Press)
• The world of crafts: importing made easy with Notions Marketing, Worldwide Creative Arts Distributor, USA and DHL Worldwide
• Raising your profile locally using PR and Marketing with Jo Holdom and Sharon Foxwell, PR Directors from One Voice Media and PR.
• From Canvas to Stitch with Sharon Brant from Coats Crafts
“We've devised a seminar programme that offers visitors practical and cost-effective ways of boosting their business profile and profitability. We're delighted to have Perri Lewis involved in this year's seminar line up as she has a wealth of knowledge on blogging that's rooted in craft and creative projects. Blogging is huge in the world of creative crafts and the seminar is relevant for both beginners and those who have started to explore blogging,” says Jane Bolsover, Craft Hobby + Stitch's Features Coordinator.
Craft, Hobby + Stitch International 17th -19th February, 2013 NEC, Birmingham
Visitors can register for tickets online at www.chsi.co.uk
Look through our regularly updated list of trade suppliers and wholesalers.